Born in Havana, Cuba, Mr. Caraballo has graced the piano keys for many years. His passion and talent for classical piano found him under the instruction of professors who came from the lineage of Franz Liszt. His talents have awarded him full scholarships and graduate studies stipends to all of the Universities he attended.
• Associate Arts Degree—Piano Performance, Broward Community College. Instrutor: Mr. Jimmy Woodle.
• Bachelor Degree—Piano Performance, University of Miami. Instructor: Dr. Rosalina Sackstien
• Post Undergraduate Studies—All credits and Solos Recitals completed for the Piano Pedagogy and Performance Degrees, University Of Michigan. Instructor: Dr. Louis Nagel, Theodore Lettvin and world renowned artists Susan Starr.
Playing a complete repertoire of classical music, Mr. Caraballo has been honored with numerous awards:
• First place—Southeast Florida Chopin Competition
• First place—Annual Fort Lauderdale Piano Concerto Competition (marked debut with the Fort Lauderdale Symphony Orchestra)
• First place—Michigan Music Teachers Association Collegiate Level State Competition • First Place—Germania Piano Concerto Competition (led to premier with the Saginaw Symphony Orchestra in Saginaw, Michigan)
• Finalist – Young Keyboard Artist Competition
During the 1996-1999 academic years, Mr. Caraballo served as Visiting Associate Professor of Dance in the dance department at the University of Michigan, which opened additional avenues that further developed facets of his abilities. The diverse experiences gave him the opportunity to perform as a pianist with world-renowned Dance Masters and Dance Companies such as the following:
• The Netherlands Dance Company—Jiri Kylian, Master
• The Györi Ballet—Gyori Nemzeti Szinhaz Theatre Annual Concert, Gyor, Hungary • The Dance Theater of Harlem
• The American Ballet Theater of New York – premier ballerina/movie star Leslie Brown In addition, Mr. Caraballo has been asked to serve as adjudicator in numerous piano competitions:
• The North American International Invitational Piano Competition
• The Michigan Music Teachers Association Piano Examinations
• The Vivace Piano Competition
• The National Federation Of Music Clubs Piano Solo Division
• The Margaret Denise Scholarship Competition
Mr. Caraballo currently is Master Instructor of well over 30 students many of which are 1st place competition winners and scholarship recipients. He has also served as adjunct Professor at Wayne State University and Oakland University. Accredited with standing ovations at each of his performances, Mr. Caraballo brings a passion and brilliance to the piano that is uncommon among his contemporaries.